Incredible movies


I have to say, I love this time of year because it's when the best movies come out. I've seen 3 out of 4 of these movies, and they were incredible. 

1. The Book Thief
Wow. Just wow. The Book Thief is a film adaptation of the book written by Markus Zusak. Set in Nazi Germany, the film follows a young girl who is sent to live with a childless married couple, who end up hiding a Jew from the Nazis. Such an incredible, beautiful, amazing movie, I can only say that you all have to see it. Definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen.

2. Saving Mr. Banks
I loved this movie! Unexpectedly, actually. It's a film about the woman who wrote Mary Poppins, and it follows the story of Walt Disney trying to get her to sign over the rights to turn the book into a film. It's such a good movie, and it's funny because the author of Mary Poppins actually grew up in Australia! Which I didn't know, and neither did a lot of people who I've talked to. Definitely a must see, very heartwarming and funny and sad, but still a brilliant film.

3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
This movie was a lot different to the other three movies on the list. This one is entirely fiction (well, I think it is). Walter is looking for a missing photograph by a famed photographer that he needs for the cover of a magazine, and he goes all over the world looking for it. It's an interesting movie because you sometimes can't tell whether or not he's actually there, or if he's just daydreaming!

4. The Railway Man
I've yet to watch this one, but I'm seeing it sometime this week. I just can't pass up a movie that has Colin Firth in it (I would marry him, even though I'm 21 and he's 50-something. No shame). It's about a man who held captive during a war (not sure which one) and how he suffers afterwards. I'm not a fan of war movies, I find them far too sad and I'm such a big sook about them that I can't watch them, but this one is a must-see, almost purely because of Colin Firth.

Do you guys have any recommendations of old or new movies I must see? x

Related Posts

3 comments

  1. Oh wow love this post ,thank you for recommanding this movies.If you haven't seen yet I recommend you to watch The education ,it' simply amazing :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to see it :)

      Delete

About me

Powered by Blogger.

.

.

Popular Posts

Followers

Like us on Facebook