Breakouts

Going through puberty I was extremely lucky to have good skin - with the exception of a very rare blemish every now and then. Up until the middle of February this year I have been blessed with very good skin (may as well be honest). I've always had a very nice complexion and get compliments from every beauty therapist and makeup artist I see. However, since the middle of Feb this year my skin has been getting worse and worse. It started of with a pimple every now and then, and whilst it's still not very bad, it's a lot worse than I am used to. It seems that my chin is the target! I have two pimples right now and it's very frustrating because when they go away they just come right back.

It took me a while to realise what the problem is but I think I've finally figured it out. I bought a brand new non-stick pan in February and decided to start using vegetable oil instead of my usual olive oil, because I heard that it's not good for non-stick pans. I was also reading an article that said that vegetable oils can be harmful to our hormones, thus creating pimples. So I've given up vegetable oil and whilst I am yet to see a great change (it's only been a day) I am quite confident that this will help. In the meantime I thought I'd share with you my favourite face masks for when my skins gets oily or dry - I've used these for years and they really are incredible! My skin is always a lot clearer and a lot brighter and feels nicer after I use them. I use them whenever I feel that my skin needs a bit of a refresher. 






This is the one I've been using lately - decongesting and purifying.

Hydrating


The masks are made from french clay and feel amazing when applied and taken off. I think I'm going to go and do a face mask right now.. just thinking about it makes me want it! I hope this post wasn't too long and boring.. kudos to you if you read the whole thing! I'll keep you guys updated on my vegetable oil skin progress!

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I hate how easily food can effect my skin! one little ice cream bar and I'm broken out the next day without fail - good to know your triggers though :)
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! Lollies are a huge weakness for me too, so there's not doubt that all that sugar is bad for my skin. My housemate was saying to me the other day that she read that whatever's happening with our skin is from four weeks ago. So if I ate really badly or was stressed 4 weeks ago, it shows up now. How unfair is that! Not entirely sure if that's reliable info either though.

      Delete

About me

Powered by Blogger.

.

.

Popular Posts

Followers

Like us on Facebook